Okanagan Hockey Skills Academy specialises in individual performance training and technical skill development.
Supplemental to the existing programs run by local hockey clubs.
Year long curriculum focused on:
- Review of basic fundamentals
- Introduce new technical skills
- Focus on individual tactical skills
- Game situation and awareness skills
Introduction or review of new technical skills
- Athlete will practice at a pace where they can learn, be creative and improvise.
- Practice with purpose and speed with a direct correlation to competition scenarios
The mandate of the Okanagan Hockey Skills Academy:
- To focus on the individual technical and tactical skills of each player through a comprehensive progressive process.
- To complement existing hockey organizations by creating a learning environment to foster passion, improvement and overall understanding of the game.
- Implement technical and tactical skills into a controlled game situation environment.
Evaluating and providing continuous feedback is fundamental to the program and the player’s progression.
Evaluation tools include:
- Video analysis of individual skills
- On-ice training aids
- Individual skill development goal setting
- Standardized on-ice testing
- Quarterly and year end progress reports will be provided to each player
- Ongoing career planning support and guidance.
- The facility will be Swindon Link Centre.
- On-Ice practices are from 07:15 – 08:15 Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- There will be 32 weeks on ice with a total of 96 sessions between September and May
- Jersey, socks and water bottle will be provided
PROGRAMME DETAILS & FEES
Programme Fees Cover
- On ice sessions
- Coaching costs
- Gym membership at the Better Link Centre
- Gym programme
- Players must be registered with their home club through the EIHA
Please fill out the contact form below or email email@example.com for more information.